Monday, September 11, 2017

Cheesy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower

When I first went on my low carb diet I made mashed cauliflower one day and my family absolutely loved it. They said that it was better than having mashed potatoes. Last night I switched up the recipe a bit and it was all gobbled up before my eyes. 


Ready to Eat
Ingredients
Grated Garlic
  • 1 large head of cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup of shredded white cheddar cheese (doesn't have to be white)
  • 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 very large clove of garlic grated into a paste
  • 1/8 cup of cream (I used 1/2 & 1/2 10% cream)
  • pepper to taste

Instructions
  1. Start by cutting the cauliflower into small flowerettes and place in a large pot with water. Boil until cauliflower is cooked and soft.
  2. While the cauliflower is cooking shred the cheese and grate the garlic.
  3. Mash the cauliflower and add the grated cheese stirring well.
  4. Add the grated garlic stirring again.
  5. Next comes the cream. Be sure to stir.
  6. Add the ground pepper.
  7. Serve and ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Bow and I had cauliflower yesterday, but it was just boiled in chicken broth. I think we may try your recipe sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do Aya, and thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting today. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.