If you're looking for a new way to cook chicken breasts have I got a delicious new recipe for you.
- 1 large sweet onion sliced thick
- 4-5 boneless chicken breasts
- Tomato sauce or jarred spaghetti sauce ( I used Jamie Oliver tomato pasta sauce)
- Sliced mushrooms, enough to cover the entire dish
- 1 - sliced red pepper
- Monterey Jack cheese sliced
- Preheat your oven to 325
- Spray a large casserole dish with cooking oil
- Line the bottom of the casserole dish with the slices of onion
- Place the chicken breasts on the top of the onions
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the chicken breasts
- Next comes the sliced mushroom and red peppers
- Lastly the cheese
- Bake uncovered for one hour or until chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven SERVE AND ENJOY!