|Pork loin wrapped in bacon|
My son and I were talking the other day about ways to make pork loin and he suggested wrapping it in bacon. Because this is such a lean cut of pork sometimes it will come out quite dry if not cooked properly. Wrapping this cut in bacon not only added flavor but juiciness as well.
- 2 Pork Loins (mine came to a total of 3 pounds)
- 1 package of bacon
- 3 Tbs of honey
- 3 Tbs of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 small cooking onion diced
- Dried Rosemary or Fresh to taste
- 4-5 Tbs of Sunmaid Raisins
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wrap the bacon around the pork tenderloin and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- In a pan on medium high heat brown the meat for about 8 minutes turning frequently.
- In a small bowl combine honey, vinegar, diced onion and Rosemary. Mix well.
- Place the pork tenderloins in a roasting pan and cover with the honey mixture.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and add the raisins to the top of the pork.
- Place back into the oven for approximately another 15 - 20 min.
- Remove and let the pork sit for about 5 min before slicing.
- Serve and ENJOY!