- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 peppers (1 red, 1orange and 1 yellow) sliced into large pieces
- 2 onions sliced thick
- 1 small jar of mild salsa (you can use medium or hot if you prefer)
- 3 cups of Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the dish.
- Next place your peppers and onions on top of the chicken.
- Pour the jar of salsa over the top.
- Place the dish into your preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle the shredded cheese over the entire dish.
- Pop back into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the dish sit for 5 minutes before serving.
I served the chicken and veggies over a bed of white rice along with steamed cauliflower and everyone loved it.