Sunday, August 24, 2014

Cupcakes for Your Dogs Next Birthday

Spoiled by cupcakes, cakes, and cookies? Yes my dogs have me as their own private baker. Why shouldn't dogs have something special on their birthdays like we do. After all they are part of the family. 

Zucchini Dog Cupcakes


Each year for Maggie and Bruce's birthday I either bake them a cake or as I've done this year made them cupcakes. Everything I use in my dog recipes are dog friendly and for dogs with allergies to wheat.

These cupcakes can be decorated if you choose to do so. You can either make a peanut butter carob frosting or perhaps just a carob frosting. 


The following recipe will yield 9 cupcakes or muffins

Ingredients needed for Cupcakes


  • 2 ripe bananas 
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup of rice flour
  • 1 tsp. of baking soda
  • 1/8th of a cup of flax seed
  • 1 cup of shredded zucchini 
  • 1/4 cup of canola oil
  • 1 Tbs.of honey


Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a medium size mixing bowl combine and mix all the ingredients starting with mushing the bananas, and mixing with the egg. Then one by one add and mix each ingredient as I have it listed above. 
  3. Place your baking cups into a muffin pan. You will need 9 all together. 
  4. With a 1/4 cup measure, measure and add the batter to each baking cup.
  5. Place in the oven for approximately 17 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the cupcake and have it come out clean.  
Tools to help you.


       

21 comments:

  1. Am I invited to the birthday party? I'd like to try these cupcakes. Your dogs are blessed (as they deserve to be). They hit the jackpot when they came to be a part of your family. Happy everything to all of you as you celebrate life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, You're invited anytime you want to come. I'd love to have you here.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous way to include our furbabies in any celebration! I will definitely have to try this recipe. Merlin & Daisy are sure to love your cupcakes. I can well imagine their "daddy" trying them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree dogs are part of the family and when we had our dogs they always got a birthday cake ! Love your recipe and will save it for when we get another dog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you get another dog soon as I'm sure you miss having a dog.

      Delete
  4. I will have this recipe in mind the next time I visit someone who have a dog. It must be the perfect present to a dog owner:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I bake for my dogs I save some for friends and families dogs.

      Delete
  5. These look so delicious, I wish my sweet Aspen was still here to try one or two, in fact, they look good enough for a human to eat:-) I will one day have another dog to spoil, the time is getting closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry that you no longer have Aspen. I wish dogs could live as long as we do.

      Delete
  6. No doubt about it, dogs are family! I'm thinking being the birthday dog in your house about now would be a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in answering you Ruthi ... I must change the settings on my blog to get comments mailed to me :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! I think I can eat this too, can I? Are there substitutes for flax seeds and zucchini that my dog can also eat? Thanks. Shared in fb for later use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thelma, Yes these are safe for human consumption :) My dogs love the zucchini but if your dog doesn't you could substitute it with grated carrots. If you don't want to use the flax seeds I suppose you could omit them, however I've never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  9. +Thelma Alberts beat me to my comment...these might be a little sweeter than the dogs would prefer and less sweet than the humans would, but they're shareable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will have to give these a try now that I know how much my pooch loves homemade baked goods!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never baked for my dogs. I must give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dogs sure enjoyed them and I hope your dog does too :)

      Delete
  12. I love this recipe and know my dogs would really enjoy the cupcake treats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, my 17 year old Corgi mix, Bella loved these muffins! This recipe is definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.